Reduction in energy consumption (GJ/tonne finished product) since the start of the monitoring and innovation project up until today (2009-2017).
Saving energy and CO2 thanks to cogeneration
The manufacturing processes in a paper mill require a lot of energy, both thermal and electric, this is often guaranteed by the presence of dedicated cogeneration plants.
Since 2009 Favini has activated a system of analysis and monitoring of its energy efficiency, and is committed to reducing its consumption through a plan of continuous investments.
The Crusinallo factory’s cogeneration plant makes all the electric and thermal energy necessary for the paper mill’s functioning, with consequent CO2 emissions reduction.
In the Crusinallo factory, for example, a high yield cogeneration plant has been active since January 2016, efficiently producing the entire quantity of thermal and electric energy necessary for the production process. These consequent reductions in the emission of pollutants and greenhouse gases into the atmosphere are in comparison to the production of electricity and heat separately. Soon the Rossano factory will also have its own cutting-edge cogeneration plant.
Average efficiency of fossil fuel use (methane) thanks to the cogeneration plant, compared to around 50% for regular thermal plants.
The natural force of water
The installation of a cogeneration plant is not Favini’s only action to avoid polluting emissions and improve its performance.
The company has decided to also use self-produced electric energy through the sustainable use of a water course near the factory. This allows for a further reduction of environmental impact by the paper mill.
Favini can rely on the self-production of renewable energy thanks to its two hydroelectric plants.
Hydroelectric energy produced in 2017. 31% was used to produce the Crush and Remake lines, and the remaining 69% was used for the Crusinallo plant or was sold to the grid.
High efficiency lighting
In the Crusinallo factory the entire lighting system is composed of high efficiency lamps, which optimise the flow of light based on external conditions and that have brought to significant energy saving in terms of lighting compared to the previous system.
Energy saved through the renewal of this high efficiency lighting plan. (2009-2017)
The use of high efficiency lamps in the Crusinallo factory has created a reduction in energy consumption of up to 45%.
Energy Saving Certificates
Thanks to continuous investments in energy efficiency, Favini has obtained white certificates, this is entirely reinvested in energy efficiency projects.
Thanks to interventions and projects to increase energy efficiency, from 2011 to 31 August 2017 Favini obtained (ESC) certificates to the value of 6,404 TOE (Tonnes of Oil Equivalent).
White certificates, also known as “Energy Saving Certificates” (ESC), are certificates that attest to the attainment of energy saving.
A cookie is a small text file that is stored by the computer when a website is visited by a user. The text stores information that the site is able to read in the moment in which it is seen at a later time. Some of these cookies are necessary to the site to work properly, while others are useful to the visitor because they can safely store such as user name or language settings.
How can I disable cookies?
You can easily modify browser settings to turn off cookies. Warning: when you disable cookies your username and password will be no longer stored on the login box of the site.
Press the “Alt” key.
In the toolbar at the top of the browser, select “Tools” and then “Options.”
Then select the “Privacy” tab.
Go to “Cronology Settings” and then click “Custom Settings”. Uncheck “Accept cookies from sites” and save your preferences.
Open Internet Explorer.
Click on “Tools” then “Internet Options.”
Select the “Privacy” tab and choose the privacy level you want (move the slider up to block all cookies, or down to allow them all).
Then click OK.
Open Google Chrome.
Click on “Tools.”
Select “Settings” and then “Advanced Settings”.
Select “Content settings” under “Privacy”.
In “Cookies and Site Data” you can search and delete specific cookies.
Type chrome://settings/cookies in the address bar and press Enter key.
You will access to “Cookie and Site Data” where you can search and delete specific cookies.
Select “Preferences” in the toolbar, and then select the panel “Security” in the following dialog box.
In the “Accept Cookies” section you can specify if and when Safari should save cookies from websites. For more information click on the Help button (marked with a question mark).
For more information on cookies that are stored on your computer, click on “Show Cookies.”